I need a guy's opinion . . .

I would like a guys opinion on what I should do about my ex boyfriend. If someone is willing to listen about my problem, please reply. Thank you in advance!

I dated the same guy for four years and three years ago we broke up but still remained really good friends. I still was in love with him and he the same with me, but we went to two different colleges and that's why we broke it off. I made a huge mistake one night and since then, he says that I no longer exsist, because he really was still in love with me and just didn't want to admit it and I hurt him. I have forgiven myself for what I did, and everyone says I should call him. It's been five months since he told me I do not exsist and I honestly miss him and still love him. Should I call him and pray that he doesn't hang up on me so I can tell him how I feel or should i just slowly try to move on even though I feel he's the one

Sometimes when we are faced with the person who hurt us so, we clam up or react negatively. My suggestion to you is simple. Write him a letter. This way he cannot interrupt you, nor can he through you off your train of thought. Chances are he will read the letter; people can't just throw something like that away.

When you write the letter, take your time and really express everything. After you finish it. Put it away for a few days then read it again. If you still feel that everything you wrote is good. Then mail it. This will be the best way to get through to him.

I wish you luck. We will be here for you.

Well BSU,

This is a very delicate situation. He obviously was hoping that after college you were going to get back together.

I'm glad you've forgiven yourself because you really probably didn't do anything wrong. The way he acted was cruel and malcious with no motive but to hurt you. He made the mistake if you ask me.

That said I still think you should call him. He won't be the same person you fell in love with or even love now, but that doesn't mean you won't love him more now.

Take a deep breath and swallow your pride, but do not apologize, do not so much as bring it up. If he brings it up tell him it's in the past and it's nothing he has to worry about if he can see past that you'd like him to consider seeing you again, or whatever your intentions are.

I hope this helps, good luck with the call, we're all pulling for you.

• 1 year later...