Condom fell off... how can that be avoided?

Last time I made love to my girlfriend, the condom fell off when I pulled out at the end. (she took the morning after pill the next day...) I never had this problem before, and I am always using the same condom brand. So I don't think that it happened because my penis is too small (!), but because it was slippery (pre-cum) when I put the condom on. Would anyone have any ideas on this? Could pre-cum cause the condom to slip? How early should the condom be put on? (OK I'll admit I have the tendency to remain inside her after orgasm. I may have pulled out after losing some of my erection) Any tips, suggestions?

The solution, to me, is simple (and I believe this says it on the condom wrapper) -- but you are ALWAYS to hold the ring as you're pulling out...

And this shouldn't be a problem anymore, it also says to pull out slow.. and I'd make sure you can see when you do it, just to be sure.

Edit #1: The condom could have slipped because of precum, but it could have slipped because her vaginal fluids were so thick, causing a vacuum, there are truly so many reasons!

Edit #2: The condom *for safe sex* she ALWAYS be put on before anything happens where your part will be in contact with her skin. Most STDs are transmitted through skin-to-skin contact.

• 2 weeks later...