The spiritual realm mystifies and sometimes creeps me out!

I believe and I am very spiritual. Tonight, my study group was talking about all this stuff about demons and angels and spirits. Especially about one of the girl's experience in Fiji, with a tribe that literally saw demons and spirits. When the girl came to missionary grounds, the missionary could feel that shes been around these demons.

I'm just so interested in this spiritual realm. Sometimes I feel like its guiding my life and plays a big part on who I meet and don't meet. Sometimes it even gives me this tingling feeling.

I was so creeped out, I had to have the girl talk to me on the phone on my way back, while following the other girl.

Be careful what you hear come out of peoples mouth. SOme people lie and claim they have seen things when in reality ...they have not. So don't let someone fool you. Now i'm not a mind reader so I don't know if she's being truthful or just trying to get a rise out of you and the rest of the ones listening...but for the record....be careful. The mind is powerful..you can actually convince youself that something is there...when it really isnt.

I have met many people who swore up and down they saw this and could speak in tongues..turns out they were making it up. I have yet to meet ONE person who is telling the truth about these things.

I am sure that the ones who REALLY have seen things...don't have to go boasting about it. Because they probably don't believe it themselves.

I also doubt psychics...i think they are full of it too..

You could say all of us have demons inside us, whereas, demon possession actually takes control of the person, which is rare. The rest of us are just demon oppressed, where our bad actions and thinking come from our inner demon. Such as thinking murderous thoughts and any other horrendous acts. This can be likened to our curious nature.

Maybe the spiritual world is like the skeletal structural foundation of the physical? I'm not sure where I'm going with this but I'm really interested in the spiritual world. Can anyone suggest me some readings or online stuff?

demons and angels and spirits, bit westen read up on other religans see how they see things

Yeah, but I think they're all the same spirits/gods. After all, angels and demons are the same, and they all have names. I know other cultures have they're demons and gods. So its got to be the same world that we're reading up on?

• 1 year later...

I have yet to visit Africa, but they have an intriguing spiritual sense. Their culture is so unique and deep in primitive traditions. Music plays a central role in the spiritual life. There stories of Westerners attending authentic vodou ceremonies, just plain captivated by the energy- pulsating drum beats, shouting, singing, ridding yourself of what is posessing you, etc. As curious as some become of their ways, the people of Africa are still secretive about their practices.

When you talk about rock and roll, blues, R&B, drum n' bass, and all these modern music forms of the West, you don't usually think about Africa and the Caribbean. It all came from there, much of which is spiritually derived. The African diaspora is complicated and beautiful.