I have just recently excused myself from a serious relationship. we were together for 2 1/2 years and prior to our relationship we were friends in high school. My question is how do you know when its time to go? Im sure i saw signs but when its early in a relationship its hard to know if it was an accident or glispe of whats to come. I been through thick and thin with her and i have standed the test of time. I been through an unexpected pregnancy all the way to building her self esteem. you name i've done it. I guess you can say i created a monster. she decided her new friends were more important than not only our relationship but our friendship. i dont want her back but i would definitely say im still a little distruct about how she went about moving on. its like she moved on without telling me, but in a sense expected me to follow. Oh hell no! well, you can take a female out the ghetto but you cant take the ghetto out of her.

well Rawk I'm not sure what you're after but if you're asking if there are early warning signs a realtionship won't work out, I'm of the opinion that yes - there are - if one is paying attention and knows how to intrepret those signs, I believe they're there.

Do the two of you have a child together??

When you start seeing signals of potential conflicts and an attempt is made to resolve those conflicts. If the resolution doesnt work then its time to move on. There are many different reasons to break up just make sure that you feel the reasons are justified or you will question them.

Signs are:

1. Don't want to see you as often

2. Showing more interest in another person, especially of the opposite sex

3. Unwilling to do things you previoulsy enjoyed together

4. No longer does things like cook for you or iron your clothes

5. Works late (although if this is temporary they might really be that busy)

6. Lacks enthusiasm for things they liked before

7. Starts referring to you in the past tense

8. Put your belongings in a suitcase

9. Disappear with all their belongings

10. Are in bed with someone else