"Is this a date"

Gsq

Ok I just wanna get some opinion and advice:

Here is the background story:

My ex of 2 year broke up with me a little over a month ago, I was hurt but I am now finally recovering a bit; hit the gym, picked up tango, and other hobbies. Anyways there is this one girl I ran into 2 weeks ago, lets just call her K, K is a friend of me and my ex's mutual friend. But she doesn't know my ex, she know OF my ex but she never talked to her before and only met her once. Anyways when I first ran into K near her work place, she was all smiling at me, I didn't recognized her at first but then she ask "dont you remember me" and I finally remember. And after that I ran to her about 2 more times near her work place and I went in to visit her once just to look around. (I was beginning to get a little interested in her, as I notice myself) So last week, I just flat out walk up to her and ask for her number so we can hang out in the weekends sometime. She gave it to me, but her first reaction was, "are you bore, is that why you asking me out" Btw, she knows that I was with my ex for 2 year, but she wasn't sure that we broke at the time when I ask for her number. The mutual friend of ours filled her in on the detail a little later I think. Anyways, so I called 2 days later, asking if she wants to go dinner on saterday, her first reaction was "dont you have a gf" So I was being honest and told her that my ex broke up with me already. K then said "you dont have to tell me the detail", which I didn't. And I proceed to ask her out again, she said she was busy on that week, and she ask to reschedule to next Saterday May 6. And so I told her I will call her next week and talk more about it, and here is the kick, right before I hang up, she pop in a question "so is this a date?", btw she seem to be laughing and giggling alot during the whole phone conversation even when she pop in that question. And that totally caught me off guard, cause I was right about to hang up, so I kind of reacted with a rule that I was taught "always answer a question with a question when you dont know how to answer". And thats what I did, I said "does it feel like it?". And she just laugh a little bit more and said "yea we'll hang out" Then we hung up.

1) So..my question is, did I gave a stipud answer to her question? lol

2) Is she being cautious about not being a rebound?

3) What should I do from now, and on our first date (I am interested in her, I havn't went on a first date for....over 2 year, is this even a first date?)

4) How would I know if she is interested too? Because I am really insecure about the fact that she knows that I just got out of a 2 year relationship, makes me seem like I am running to her for rebound but in fact its not true...because I work on my self first and I am always optimistic and out going thats why my griefing period didn't take long

5) When should I ask for 2nd date if all goes well?

6) I originally plan to have dinner with her, chat, and teach her how to dance Foxtrot a little under the moonlight or something, cause I recently gotten really into ballroom dancing. (is this too cheesy or too intimate on the first date?

Anyways soo much question, thanks guys and gals in advance for helping me out

The only answer 'don't worry' what lies in the past is unchangable, you can only make the best of what lies in the future. So if you do your best ,and have a fun time instead of stressing out on all the details. Its supposed to be fun , so chill out. If she says no, or dumps you in the end then you can at least say you tried.

I don't think your answer was half bad. Right when I read your post the reaction that popped in my head was "Only if you want it to be," something along those lines is what I would have said. Look I'm sure you are both adults, and at this point we all know when we are being asked out or not. It was probably her just trying to be cute, I wouldn't over anaylze it more than that.

As for when you should ask for the 2nd date, wait and see how the first one goes. All depends on that in my opinion.