but I have a date tomorrow, I don't know what else to do. I don't plan on getting serious with anyone anytime soon. But what am I supposed to do sit around for 4 months and think about him screwing his ex? I look at it as a chance to get out and meet new people and make some new friends and possibly forget about his sorry butt. I know I probably shouldn't be doing this just yet but it sounds a lot better than wishing that he comes over to tell me how sorry he is and that he'll never do it again and that he wants me back. Or how about I just sit around and feel sorry for myself that some jerk doesn't know how to treat someone with the same respect they showed him. Sorry to sound harsh, I think I am just trying to psyc myself up into thinking this is a good idea.

John Lennon said something like "Life's what happens while you're making other plans" and I agree. You don't have to plan on being serious with anyone, heck, when I met my ex I sure wasn't planning on anything and then boom... we spent two years together. Who dares wins.

Sooo the date was good, nice to see there are nice guys out there. This guy is a little younger than me (27, I'm 31) he owns a rock climbing gym, and has climbed Everest! Holy cow! He was very nice and polite and didn't try to paw me at all (like my ex on the first date) he invited me to come climbing and asked if it was ok to call me before he dropped me off. No kiss, which is fine with me because I don't think I'm ready. If anything, we are just friends but this maybe just what I need to keep my mind off and in a positive direction.