anyone been thru this..

OK I don't know yet if this is the situation with me but just curious about others out there if they've been thru this sorta situation like for example say you were concentrating on just staying single because you were leaving for college in a matter of months or moving..whatever the reason was,out of the blue you gain interest in someone plus found out that person likes you back but decided you wanted to hold back and just tell the person want to stay strictly friends because leaving in a few months or however long.

went through somethign like that, but i was just leaving for a month. you know, finding someone whom you like and likes you back isnt that easy. You guys can always keep up the contact through email etc. and meet off and on. At least try to see if it'll last?

OK I don't know yet if this is the situation with me but just curious about others out there if they've been thru this sorta situation like for example say you were concentrating on just staying single because you were leaving for college in a matter of months or moving..whatever the reason was,out of the blue you gain interest in someone plus found out that person likes you back but decided you wanted to hold back and just tell the person want to stay strictly friends because leaving in a few months or however long.

Yes. I was in the mother of all LDR's. 3 years several countries invovled, other side of the planet kinda thing. We thought lets end it before it starts, well all very well but we fell deeply for each other. LDR's are not less successful just different. I mean 99.9999% of your relationships will "fail" until you find find the "one" you want to be with the rest of your life. Its different challenges you will face but in the end its worth it if the partner you are with is worth it end of story. i would recommend going to another website that specializes in LDR ideas. There are many successful LDR relalationships and many unsuccessful. And it all depends on what you consider a LDR. For me 1-2 hours car drive is not LDR. I was looking at 8-10-20 hour flights away.