Moving to the next level

Ok, I feel really stupid asking this, but I'll be honest....you guys have to pretend that I am dumb as bricks. You have to be straight forward and obvious when you answer this.

But I was talking with a good friend of mine about taking it to the next level with my girlfriend. And she was referring to her and her boyfriend. But the way she was describing taking it to the next level, it sounded like they stop and tell each other "ok, let's do this now". I know my gf wants to move it up a notch, I've seen the signs. But I want to have a smooth transition.

Ok, now here's some really stupid questions. First, I've been told that the next step after kissing/making out is just making out, but now with the touching of genital parts through the clothes, etc. Is this a safe assumption? If so, I'm thinking....how am I doing this if I'm making out with her?? Like, what exactly do I do?? And how am I going to make this transition as smooth as possible?

Ok, now here's some really stupid questions. First, I've been told that the next step after kissing/making out is just making out, but now with the touching of genital parts through the clothes, etc. Is this a safe assumption?

The next step is whatever both of you feel comfortable with, no more- no less. You don't have to adhere to sequencing rules or choreograph it...it will all come naturally.

BellaDonna