giving head hurts...?

THe other day I gave a guy head for the first time ever...I didn't expect it to be very difficult but it ended up hurting a lot. I guess my mouth/jaw is too small and/or his penis is too big? The whole gag-reflex thing was enough, but on top of that my jaw muscles were literally throbbing with pain. Has this happened to anyone else? If so, is there anything I can do to make it hurt less for me without accidentally biting him? Any advice/tips would be appreciated!

Make sure you use your hands too, and don't over-do it with the deep throat stuff... take it slow. Talk to him about it, he should understand that maybe he is just too big for you and you can try different stuff. Mix it up.

You're not going for 'Deep Throat' you know. That's why you gagged!

You don't have to put it all in your mouth. Just put as little or as much in as you want or can take. Plus you don't have to keep your mouth around it all the time. You can tease him by licking the tip.

if you're having jaw pain or lockjaw or gagging, there are certain things you're doing wrong (those things may be completely unsexual, and have to do with how you hold your mouth everyday!). now, i still gag, after years of (very happy) experience, but i know it's got to do with what i'm doing. there is this book, blow him away: how to give him mind-blowing oral sex, written by a speech pathologist, that will explain all of that. it is DEFINITELY worth buying, i recommend it in every way.

• 1 month later...