I fear I may be bisexual. Being a girl, I am attracted to guys, however I have found that recently I have developed sort of "crushes" on girls. It is something I am incredibly ashamed of. Especially since the majority of America looks down on those who are not "straight." Is it wrong to try and maintain a friendship with a girl even though I secretly like her? I find myself often wishing I were a boy to avoid any conflict. I don't know what to do. Only one of my friends knows and that is because she is incredibly open-minded and I have known her for several years. Many of my friends look down on homosexuality. I do not think I could risk telling them. However, it is becoming increasingly difficult to live so secretly. I begin to hate myself for being this way. Although, I don't think I can change it. It'd be like trying to change your favorite color... you can't, you're just attracted to that color... That's how I feel. I would greatly appreciate any advice and any support. I feel incredibly alone and wish people were more understanding. Thanks.

Don't be ashamed of the way you feel. I understand how you feel because I'm bisexual as well. For the most part I like guys but am attracted to women as well, and even recently had my first lesbian relationship with a wonderful woman.

The way I see it, the gender of a person is of course important, but more so than that is who you are attracted to. Whether it's a guy or girl, love is love and feelings are just feelings. These things don't know how to differiciate between genders. Your feelings are what your heart tells you.

If you don't feel comfortable telling your family and friends, don't. Not until you are ready. There is nothing shameful about that. And I am so glad that you have a friend who is blessed with that kind of open mind. And I like to think that, us women, knows how to appreciate beauty in either gender. I think that's great.

In my Psyic Class in College we did a whole unit on Bisexual. Women are more likely to swing both ways. Men are more stuborn then woman. Plus woman always want to build up self esteem so they notice the little things that another woman does to give her that strangth.

Personally I dont think its a bad thing to like both sexs. I would rather have a man though but I can be turned on by woman at times

Don't be ashamed of who and what you are. Personally I have no problem with homosexuality. It's your life, live it however you want to, if your friends cannot accept you for who you are and what you believe then you don't need them. It is no ones right to judge a person based on sexuality. Don't be so hard on yourself, women tend to be more open to bi-sexuality than men. I think it's almost expected that a woman would have an attraction for both sexes. Do what you want....when you are ready. Don't rush into anything.