sad about college bound bf

hey all. i'm in a totally sad state right now. my boyfriend is off to college while i have to stay here in this little town to finish high school. i just don't know how i'm ever gonna last not seeing him regularly. once he leaves (in about 1 month ) it's never going to be the same again. i'm used to seeing him every day or at least every other day. he is moving about 4 hours away. he says he'll come back on weekends, i trust him, but i know he'll get busy with hw and stuff. how we will ever do this emotionally? i know our love is strong enough, but how? lately it's just been horrible. we are so happy to be around eachother, but i keep starting fights because my mind is set that if i'm mad at him, it'll be much easier to say goodbye than if i was sad. i know thats horrible, but that is how this situation has turned out. i want us to last! please help!

I'm sure this won't decrease the pain, but it may make you more confident about the future. I have a friend in my grade who went through the same thing you are going through. Her boyfriend is two years ahead of her. So far, she's made it through a year of high school without him and they still have a really strong relationship. Just hang in there. You guys can make it work.