Some days ago, I was surfing through the pages of the Oxford Dictionary. Suddenly, my eyes stuck upon a word, "Soliloquy". That means "Talking to oneself". This word is perfectly applicable to me. I do talk to myself. I know everyone does it sometimes or others. But I find myself doing it repeatedly, time and again and from my childhood. The habit is increasing with rising age. I always murmur or whisper while talking to myself. Most of the time, I do it unconsciously, even, in presense of other people, without sensing that I am at all doing it. A number of times my friends laughed out loud noticing me murmuring in this way . Even strangers e.g. my co-passengers in a bus or train, pedestrians in roads give me a strange look noticing me doing this . This is so embarrassing but I can't help it.

You know what,

My dad will hum, and he does it a lot even when people are talking to him, it got really bad for a while and he even went to see a doctor about it.. They said it was a nervous condition and perscribed antidepressants and some valium.. It did get better, but he didnt stop completely.

Are you nervous or streesed? Ever tsuspect yourself of having OCD? My dad has that too (obessive compulsive disorder).. If its really bothering you see a doctor or even a shrink.. Just a thought..

Penny