What happened?? How can I repair a mistake?

Or maybe it's not worth repairing...

I have a friend that I have known for almost a year. Over the last few months we have gotten really close. I let him stay at my house for a few days while he was in a moving transition, he helped me out when I had surgery last month. He took me to and from the hospital, waited with me, and just did a really good job of taking care of me. He also got along really well with my son. They seemed to adore each other. I wouldn't be opposed to seeking more than a friendship with him but the timing is wrong. He's in a messy relationship and I just broke free from one.

Anyhow, about a week ago we had been talking on the phone. His move took him out of state and I was trying to make arrangements to go visit him. He seemed a little hesitant and he told me his girlfriend might be coming to visit him. I told him that I didn't want him to feel like he had to make a choice between her or me. I think he may of misunderstood me because then he got all excited and kinda started yelling at me. I tried to explain what I had meant but he wasn't listening so I just hung up on him. I sat there for a few minutes and then I thought about how silly it was so I tried to call him back but he didn't pick up. It's now a week later and he still won't talk to me. I've called him a couple fo times from numbers he doesn't recognize but as soon as he finds out its me, he hangs up on me.

I miss him so much, I have so much to tell him and he was always there when I needed to talk or anything and I took very good care of him too. I haven't tried to contact him since Friday and I'm hoping he'll get over the grudge but now I'm just starting to get mad because he's being so dramatic about it. I did send him a letter after the argument just trying to explain my point of view but apparently that hasn't worked either.

Any advice??

Did you write a letter or send an e-mail? I mean, if you haven't already send an e-mail! If you have I don't know what else to tell you. You could always call him from your own phone and leave him a voice mail too and just pray that he isn't so stubborn to just delete it before he hears what you have to say.