Hi, im new here. But i thought maybe someone here might be able to help me out.

My ex and i, first met at the beginning of january. We quickly became friends. I asked her to be my date to the senior prom at school, and she enthusiastically said yes (she is a junior however). That was about a month ago.

We began flirting with each other quite a bit, and she soon asked me out before i could ask her!

We began going out, and everything seemed great. But then she dumped me exactly one week after we started going out. i thought everyhting was going great. We would kiss everytime we left each other, we would walk hand in hand proudly, all of that good stuff. But it only lasted a week!! the shortest relationship ive ever experienced.

She says she's not ready for a relationship and she doesnt think i am. She also said that her feelings changed after we started dating. whats that mean?

she says she really wants to stay friends and that she is still going to prom with me, but dang. is there anything i can do to win her back, or make her think she wants me back? i know she still has feelings for me as well & i really like this girl. thanks so much.

mr. unlucky

Sorry you feel so bad.

I don't mean to sound harsh, but 1 week?!?!

If it doesn't last 1 week it's not really a big deal is it?

Try 3 years dude.

You were already holding hands, etc. after 1 week?

That freaks some girls out.

Anyway, just ignore her and aske someone else.

Hi there,

I am so sorry about your break-up. Unfortunately, people's feelings do change. She may have thought she wanted to be with you in the beginning but realized this relationship was not for her. Plus, she is very young. She is feeling her oats like you probably do as well being a senior in high school. I am afraid there is nothing you can do to win her back. There is such a thing as free will and if she is not ready for a relationship, there is nothing you can do to "make" her ready.

It is up to you about being friends with her down the line. As far as the prom goes, I would go with someone else. Taking her to the prom would be letting her have her cake and eat it too. Good luck with everything.

well, it is a big deal if his feelings are hurt, but I know what you mean when you compare it to three years.

Welcome Spartan! Glad you found this site. I'll try to help if I can...

I guess I would say that if she made up her mind in one week, she could prolly change it back after one prom date. Maybe leave her be and wait for prom and just really try to impress her.

**discalimer

BUT, I suggest you not really expect much. She may even change her mind and decide that neither of you are ready for prom and decide to go with someone else.

After one short week, at her age, she may just not want to be in a committed relationship right now.

I think you should let it go, leave her be for a while and see what happens for prom.

Good luck dude. I hope it works out for you!

1 year, 1 week, it doesn't matter. Heartbreak is heartbreak.

Give her space. She is unsure of whether or not she wants to be in a relationship so the last thing she needs is you pursuing her or even being around her. She needs breathing room so give it to her.

Ultimately though, I say move on and get yourself a worthy date. She's not worth it if she's going to give up on you so quickly. Plus, it seems to me she may be using you to be able to go to prom. I could be completely wrong but I know oh-so-many people who have done so while I was in high school (especially if prom is only for seniors and their dates; I know some schools do junior-senior proms). You're a senior and you want to have fun at this event so the last thing you need to worry about is whether or not your date likes you. Your prom is about YOU so take someone you know isn't possibly going to make your night a crappy one and isn't already causing drama.

Keep us updated and good luck!