How to ask someone out online.

I have recently got talking (typing) to this girl I met on a website. We have exchanged pictures and emailed each other. We also have exchanged msn messenger. What I'm wanting o know is how to go about asking her on some sort of a date. I don't want to scare her off and obviously I'm not sure if I even want to have a "date" with her (as I have never met hwer in person). any ideas folks??

Bobster.

I would focus on a common interest you two have together. Then suggest you two get together "sometime" and either do this mutual interest together or get together and talk about it over something like coffee or lunch. See how she reacts to the open-endedness of saying "sometime" and go from there...

Have you spoken with her on the phone yet? If not, tell her that you'd like to call her and ask for her telephone number. If you've already spoken on the phone, ask her if she would like to meet for coffee/tea/scones (you get the picture). If she says yes or sure, then set up an actual date...Say something like, "How about Thursday?". If she says she's busy on Thursday, ask her when she is not busy and set something definite up. If she says no or is wishy washy about it, then move on.

Where did you meet her online? If it was on a dating site, then it's kind of an expectation that you go out if you get along well enough.

If it's someplace else, go with the flow. Suggest something where lots of other people will be there as well. Like, a show, an arcade, a bookstore, etc etc.

Hmm, I'm good with online relationships.....though all the one's I've had have been with people out of state. What I'd do is get to know them for about 3-4 months, see if you two have a lot in common. After getting to know each other very well, try taking the relationship to the next level by going out on a date or something. (If it was truly what I'd do, I'd just keep things online.)

Have you spoken with her on the phone yet? If not, tell her that you'd like to call her and ask for her telephone number. If you've already spoken on the phone, ask her if she would like to meet for coffee/tea/scones (you get the picture). If she says yes or sure, then set up an actual date...Say something like, "How about Thursday?". If she says she's busy on Thursday, ask her when she is not busy and set something definite up. If she says no or is wishy washy about it, then move on.

I agree here. I'm actually in the same boat. I met this girl online who's pretty, cool, nice, and gorgeous. However, we've only been talking online up to this point. Next thing I want is her phone number, so I figure when I catch her on next, I'm gonna ask for it. I'll prob talk to her for a week or so and then ask her out.

Good luck to both of us.