My friend is discouraging me from talking to this girl

Last month, my friend started talking to this attractive, brunette girl. He told me that she had torn a guy's shirt off when playing football. The girl started flirting with my friend as she couldn't stop giggling. My friend mysteriously ended the conversation even though she enjoyed his presense.

Some time later, my friend told me why he didn't flirt back with the girl. He told me that he has a feeling that the girl is a lesbian. He said that the girl was into sports yet she acted cold and distant with the guys.

Last weekend, I saw the girl with her brother and this blond female.The brunette girl acted cold when she saw us, while the blond girl was friendly and happy to meet my friend and I. My friend told me that the girl seemed to be really close to the blond female when they were playing football earlier in the day.

I want to get to know this brunette girl better. But my friend keeps on warning me about how he has a feeling that she might be a lesbian. At first, I thought he was full of crap. But now, I'm not so sure. The girl loves playing sports with guys, yet she acts aloof when she is around them.