Read Each One Carefully and Think About It a Second or Two

How ironic that I just received this email from my Aunt (even more ironic, she has no idea the emotional turmoil I am in right now ). Call this food for thought, and something for all of us to ponder and remember.

1. I love you not because of who you are, but because of who I am when I am with you.

2. No man or woman is worth your tears, and the one who is, won't make you cry.

3. Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.

4. A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart.

5. The worst way to miss someone is to be sitting right beside them knowing you can' t have them

6. Never frown, even when you are sad, because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

7. To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.

8. Don't waste your time on a man/woman, who isn't willing to waste their time on you.

9. Maybe God wants us to meet a few wrong people before meeting the right one, so that when we finally meet the person, we will know how to be grateful.

10. Don't cry because it is over, smile because it happened.

11. There's always going to be people that hurt you so what you have to do is keep on trusting and just be more careful about who you trust next time around.

12. Make yourself a better person and know who you are before you try and know someone else and expect them to know you.

13. Don't try so hard, the best things come when you least expect them to.

REMEMBER: WHATEVER HAPPENS, HAPPENS FOR A REASON.

Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.

That was one my late boyfriend used to tell me. I used to think it was an excuse of sorts, but I don't believe it is. I don't believe it means settle for bad treatment, I think it means don't put your expectations onto someone else, decide what is important. We are all different, with our own complexities and our own way of showing our love, just because someone does not wine and dine you does not mean they do not love you absolutely.

That being said if you are miserable, it does not mean you should settle for less then you deserve either!

Thanks for the list WildChild, I think they are some great thoughts!

Yup, you're right RayKay. This list actually can fall into many facets of life. I think I will wallpaper my bedroom with this list along with my poster I have hanging there now, "Boys are stupid, throw rocks at them" LOL (My boys know it does not mean them, and no offense meant to any man out here, I just somedays feel like that LOL)

2. No man or woman is worth your tears, and the one who is, won't make you cry.

I LOVE this quote...believed wholeheartedly in it, until I met my ex. He never made me cry until the last few weeks of our relationship. I found myself crying randomly for no apparent reason every few nights (he never intentionally did something mean) but perhaps I could feel things going downhill. Anyway, I forgot this quote (maybe on purpose subconsciously?) and only after we broke up did I remember it. I'll have to make sure never to forget it again - especially in my next relationship.

10. Don't cry because it is over, smile because it happened.

Easier said than done...sometimes when I'm feeling really down I'll wish it never happened...but I suppose the wounds are still fresh. Hopefully will get to that point

Anyway, this is a great list, very inspirational, thanks for sharing!

I love you not because of who you are, but because of who I am when I am with you.

This one speaks to me. I always think it's cool how some people can highlight different aspects of your personality...and you, theirs. With each other, you're each a little stronger, funnier, and more interesting than you are alone, or with others. It's part of that magic that just arises between two people--you almost create a third entity: the magic WHEE!...or wait, I mean...WE!

This one speaks to me. I always think it's cool how some people can highlight different aspects of your personality...and you, theirs. With each other, you're each a little stronger, funnier, and more interesting than you are alone, or with others. It's part of that magic that just arises between two people--you almost create a third entity: the magic WHEE!...or wait, I mean...WE!

Right now I am in not a fowl mood, but one of the stages of broken hearted. Even though it totally is the truth, my thoughts on that one at least at this second is:

I don't hate you for who you are, I hate who I am because of you.

But yes, in the whole circle of things, it is so true isn't it?

Right now I am in not a fowl mood, but one of the stages of broken hearted. Even though it totally is the truth, my thoughts on that one at least at this second is:

I don't hate you for who you are, I hate who I am because of you.

But yes, in the whole circle of things, it is so true isn't it?

I am with you Wildchild. Near the end of my relationship, I used to tell my ex, "you know what my problem is? I love you TOO much," and I meant it in a very serious way. I became someone who I never thought I would be: a jealous, paranoid, too attached girlfriend. ....though in the end I was right about my paranoia (he did like someone else)...I didn't like how I acted because of it, yet couldn't help myself when it came to him.

Hi WildChild. That's a nice list. I think this one is the most related to your situation:

8. Don't waste your time on a man/woman, who isn't willing to waste their time on you.

BellaDonna

Boy did you read my mind BellaDonna. I thought the same thing. Not that he never wanted to spend any time with me, but the difference is that I enjoyed spending time together, whereas it was unimportant to him whether or not we did. I realized the importance of spending time together, and he took it for granted.

It seems like his argument might be something along the lines of:

3. Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.

But, I think most people would agree that SPENDING TIME WITH SOMEONE is probably one of the primary ways that you can show your love for them. Even in long distance relationships, couples make time to talk to one another and spend time over the phone, etc. But he didn't even want to do that when he had you right there in front of him. Instead he chose the games. I'm so glad that you did not stand for it anymore.

You weren't asking for any great privledge or sacrifice from him. You just wanted a normal/healthy relationship. The fact that you simply asking for that annoyed him, and even angered him to the point of being emotionally abusive is evidence that you did the right thing by ending the relationship.

BellaDonna

Exactly BellaDonna. I started to feel like it didn't matter if my presense was known or not. We would do things together but based around his gaming/scrims/prac/matches and five days in a row of gaming, ignoring me basically for hours on end, not wanting to even watch a movie, and then blowing up at me because on the fifth night.... I had enough. I guess maybe I feel like he would forget I was even there. Nothing is more empty or lonely knowing someone is there with you but forgets you're even there. And then to say they don't care if you leave? Why stay.

Exactly BellaDonna. I started to feel like it didn't matter if my presense was known or not. We would do things together but based around his gaming/scrims/prac/matches and five days in a row of gaming, ignoring me basically for hours on end, not wanting to even watch a movie, and then blowing up at me because on the fifth night.... I had enough. I guess maybe I feel like he would forget I was even there. Nothing is more empty or lonely knowing someone is there with you but forgets you're even there. And then to say they don't care if you leave? Why stay.

I've been there and the situation still persists, although it isn't as bad as it was. If I'm lucky, my wife will sit with me for a while but equally she can be on the computer from after dinner until the early hours of the morning when I've long gone to bed. The main reason I stay is because of our daughter. I sometimes wish I had money to go out for a drink.

It's hard to be with someone who isn't really there and I feel invisible sometimes.

I've been there and the situation still persists, although it isn't as bad as it was. If I'm lucky, my wife will sit with me for a while but equally she can be on the computer from after dinner until the early hours of the morning when I've long gone to bed. The main reason I stay is because of our daughter. I sometimes wish I had money to go out for a drink.

It's hard to be with someone who isn't really there and I feel invisible sometimes.

Amazing isn't it? I completely can relate...I feel invisible. If I want to see him or talk to him, I have to sit at the computer with him. Every once in a while he will come out to say hi, grab a pop, stretch or whatever. Half the time he will say something I never know if it was me he was talking to or someone on TS. It angers me that he will sit there on TS and laugh and joke, talk, talk, talk, but when I ask him something his is "so focused" that most of the time I have to repeat myself, be ignored, or get one/two word replys. I have never told him he can't game, just not everynight in a row. The boys is what makes it even harder. They want to spend time with him and they are lucky if they get 1/2 hour of his time. He's gone M-Th and they leave Fri for their Dad's until Sunday. So their time with him is very limited and he can't take Thurs nights to spend with them, and get off the computer long enough on Sunday nights to talk with them once they get home and have to go to bed. He adores them with all his heart, but you would never gather that when it gets bad like it has been.