I am a 17 year old from Waco Texas. I have posted a problem about a couple of months ago and I like the results. But there is one more thing I didn't explain. A few years ago when I was barely in my teenage years I was in a bad accident. I fell face and hands first into a large bonfire. The blaze scorched my face. Luckily that was during a summer and I had some time to heal but it never did. The doctors suggested I wear a mask to school. Since then, I have had people stare at me and wonder why i'm wearing a mask. I want to take it off, but I don't know what people will think of me. Another thing, is there any girl in the world that'd even be attracted to someone who was burned heavily? Please respond someone.

I can say from experience, that a lot of times, it isn't about looks when it comes to things like love. I know girls and guys both always notice physical appearance first but try not to let that put you down. i am a firm believer in there is somebody out there for everybody, so just dont lose hope over something like that. looks shouldn't matter at all. and over time the scars will dissipate slowly, and if it bothers you that much they do have surgeries that are amazing with results. so just keep your head held high, ull be aight. God bless

Hi there.

Very tough experience, I can only imagine how your life has changed.

I am wondering why you are wearing a mask to school ...my understanding is that they are used for healing/repairing scars/injuries and is usually only worn for a year...So is the reason for wearing the mask for healing, or because you are uncomfortable with the way you look? I think that if you are wearing it based on your own discomfort with your appearance, this is likely to be apparent to those around you. Including girls. I think that women will appreciate you for who you are, but if you are lacking in confidence, they will know this. If you have not done so, I would recommend counseling to help support you in feeling good about your appearance. Be strong, and know that the right girl is bound to come along...everyone has a tough time finding love...we just have to be the best person we can, and believe in ourselves.

Have you heard of a surgery that can replace the scorched side with fake skin and reshape your face? WIll tha exists so you should Look into that. Anyway My friend, girls are attracted mainlyto personality. Im going to email you something that you should DEFINETLY look into.

when i was about seven i was making a cup of coffee for my gramps. Im also 17 now by the way. The chair i standing on broke and i grabbed for anything close to not fall to the floor. Luck me grabbed the coffee pot and brought it with me. My back and right side were burnt and i had three degree burns which are the worst and they said i may die. They put "pigskin" on the wounds and i had to go through about two months of whirlpool thearpy which burned at first because they pour bleach in the whirlpool. I cant imagine how hard it must be to have that on your face but i dont understanf why they didnt use the "Pigskin" on you. It worked. I only have scars now where there would be nothing the skin grew together and now looks ok i accept the scars. You just have to accept yourself. Theres a girl out there somewhere that will like you for your heart and not care about your looks. I found one and i hope you can. God Bless you man and have a good night im going to bed.