Success After The Mess...

I had been with my bf for 3 years and he had been living with me and my mom for a year... one night he broke up with me and the next day he moved everything out and got his own place... it was awful!

He had told me that I was his best friend and he wanted to remain friends... he said he wanted me to be the first person to come to his new apartment... One night he asked me to help him pick his new glasses out.. after he invited me out for coffee... he was being all weird... staring at me..... then he finally muttered "I have made a HUGE mistake"......

We got back together .... everything was amazing... 1.5 years later he moved in with a buddy and told me he wasnt sure we should be together.. I left him alone and he ended up telling me that he was stupid and he realized he wanted to be with me and that we would be together forever...

So things have REALLY been amazing since this happened (that was 1.5 years ago).... now 2 weeks ago he ended our engagement (3 months before our wedding) and he has broken my heart... I am crushed... He is in the military now... living 4 hours away.. I know we wont be getting back together this time..

MY ADVICE!!!!!

MOVE ON!!! If I had of known how this would have turned out.. then I would have told him too bad 3 years ago when he told me he had made a huge mistake.... The first week back then was brutal... but then I started to think I could live without him and I was only 23 then, I could have easily found someone else...

Now I am single at 26 years old... all I have ever wanted is to get married and start a family.. Im screwed now...

Hey Ready. Sorry about your situation I understand. being single again at 34....it is NOT the end of the world.

YOU are still SO young...and not to undermine your feelings...you have SOOOO much to look forward to. Thank your ex for being honest..and setting you free . You WILL love again. Much deeper....and stronger.

Best of luck in all to you !!!!

Well I dont wanna jump the gun but if you look back on the threads ive started about my ex and i, im pleased to say that we are now on the getting back together road. ** ill post something on this board in greater detail soon enough.

Just wondering if anyone has gotten back together with an ex after

a Bad or messy breakup?

Who broke it off? Why...and who reinitiated contact that led to getting back together?

Thanks!!

Yes, I had some really BIG UGLY fights with my ex-gf, two or three, I cant remember.

Once we spent 2 months broken, after a really bad breakup, and somehow we ended up getting together...

The first time we got back together, was my worse mistake. The relationship should have ended back then, not the stupid 4 year torture we managed to put ourselfs through.

If you are breaking up for a reason, try to think why you are really breaking up, dont get yourself stuck in a futureless relationship.