How to reconnect with an ex as friends (II)

referring to the original thread of 'How to reconnect with an ex as friends' i am in the same situation as iwantherback.. and have bookmarked that thread for when i have the urge to email her for the 1000th time asking to be friends.. and i've read that you have to completely back away from her life completely to have any romance with her again in the future if anything.. i really want to cut her out of my life completely and do NC for months.. for myself but also incase anything does happen.. but how can i do this if i go to the same school as her and hang out out with the same group of friends and area??.. I can't just randomly disappear or she'd just think im avoiding her or hiding lol.

Also, it has been months now since i have reallyy cut down NC. I've never spoken to her at all apart from a few emails.. and texts.. but nothing compared to before that. Before, i was over the top, which lead to her to stop talking to me completely. But, i have really left her alone for a couple of months and things have only slightly gone better. She doesnt hate me but she still doesnt want anything to do with me?.. why is she not forgivin and forgetin?.. im wondering if she's doing NC to get rid of any feelings she still has for me if any?