This is really perplexing

I was out with my friend this weekend. My friend started talking to this blond woman. She was somewhat introverted. My friend took a fancy to her. He told her a lot of jokes and stories to her. He seemed a little nervous at first. But then he got more confident as he started telling his stories. At first, the blond woman showed signs of interest when she laughed and asked questions. But then she started looking extremely bored. She didn't seem to have any interest in him. I thought he was wasting his time on her, but he spent over 30 minutes trying to converse with her.

Later that night, when my friend and I were leaving the building, he started talking to this extremely beautiful, brunette woman. He told me that this woman tore a guy's shirt off when she was playing two-touch football. How many women do you know play football with the guys? The girl started giggling when my friend started talking to her. She really enjoyed the conversation, and wanted him to stick around. My friend introduced her to some other guy. I learned that the girl is new to the city. The girl was gorgeous, smart, and adventurous. But for some unknown reason, my friend ended the conversation abruptly without getting any contact information from her. He ended the conversation when the woman was showing all these signs of interest.

In the car, my friend kept on raving about the blond who completely dissed him. Instead of talking about an amazing, beautiful woman who flirted with him, he spent a good amount of time talking about the first girl who acted bored and indifferent around him. I don't know what the hell he was trying to do. He got fixated on a regular woman who ignored him, while he completely ignored a charming, beautiful woman who enjoyed his presense. It just doesn't make sense.