Friends or More??

JC3

I met this guy about a month ago. I have a lot of issues going on in my life both personally and professionally which caused me not to be myself and to do Dr Jekll/Mr Hyde things to him. We only met one time in person and i had high expectations of what I expected from him knowing that he is busy with his job and his children. I told him that I didn't want to see him anymore because I need to focus on finding a job and getting my life back in order because I need to be happy and not push someone who I want in my life away. Last week I started to really miss him and I sent him an email explaining things and this is his response. Should I talk to him about what I was going through because that seems important only if we were to continue to date..now that he wants the friend thing, I say that it doesn't matter because I shouldn't try to overstep the boundary that he is wanting now to create. Thoughts?

Here is his response:

I really don't know how to proceed. I think we should just correspond as friends. I am so busy, I don't think I could give you what you want.

We can get together sometime this week, if you like and talk about this in person.

I don't know, I think he is jerking you around a little, and maybe rightfully so. You dissed him last time, and now you're crawling back to him. His first sentence:

I really don't know how to proceed. I think we should just correspond as friends. I am so busy, I don't think I could give you what you want.

Seems like he's over you and isn't interested anymore. "I am so busy, I don't think I could give you what you want." I think he is just throwing back at you the same thing you said to him a while back.

But his next sentence:

We can get together sometime this week, if you like and talk about this in person.

This seems like he's maybe open to the possibility -- if he likes what you have to say in person. Maybe he wants to hear you grovel a little.

So.... how badly do you want this guy back?

I've been divorced for 20 years and he has so many qualities that i want in someone. My emotional state was such that I couldn't even think straight let alone to appreciate him in my life. I just poured out my heart and soul into him with sending him emails and I think it was just overwhelming for him and he didn't know what to do because I snapped when he offered advice and said he wasn't listening. I did a lot of things that weren't right and want him to get to know the real me,, although I'm not there yet but I'm slowly trying to fix me and to get my life back to a good state and to have the confidence and self-assurance that I've been lacking. I read into his words and I still see possibility and I wanted some honest answers about what others see. I'm going out of town this week and I'm going to wait until Friday night when I get back to respond to his message to see if he wants to get together next week.