After avoiding me, she is finally back

galaxy71

I have started several threads on this girl. It's time for an update. This girl tried to start several conversations with me. One night, she literally chased after me. She kept on hinting about how people should keep in contact with each other. The girl was extremely giddy and excited. We exchanged phone numbers.

Unfortunately, I made the mistake of waiting two weeks to call her because of illness and low self-esteem. When I tried to approach her in person, she blew me off. After I left a message on her answering machine, she disappeared into thin air. I got this gut feeling that she was trying to avoid me by avoiding any social situations where she might encounter me. Hopeless as it was, I got rid of her phone number.

This week something major happened. I saw her again with one of her friends. In my heart, I wanted to tell her that I was wrong for not calling her sooner, and that I was sorry for any discomfort that she had to go through. But I did not approach that girl as she was talking to her friends. I am really concerned that she might blow me off again, or worse she might chew me out or embarrass and humiliate me in front of her friends. I do NOT know the girl that well. As a result, I have to be very cautious about how I deal with this girl.

I also to need to mention something that one of my close riends told me. He said that it was possible that she was never interested in me in that way to begin with. Yes, most people who have given advice on this situation believe that she was upset that that I did not reciprocate interest. But I can't assume anything here. As my friend said, it's possible that she was only being friendly with me. Frankly, I don't believe his interpretation of the situation is correct. But it makes me pause to realize that I have to be extremely cautious in approaching a girl who already blew me off and who does not know me all that well.