Got Weird Message From Ex G/F

Happy Valentine's Day to all. Hope everyone's day is going smoothly

This morning, I received a text message on my cell phone from my ex g/f. It said "Happy Valentine's Day to all the single girls and guys out there".

I know for a fact that she doesn't normally text people, this must be a new thing. I also know she has a # of ppl on cell phone list that are married/coupled up, so I figure that she selected certain ppl to send this to, me among them.

I am so not reading into it, but it seems like such a wiener message! LOL, why not just text Happy V Day to all the masses instead of the "single" thing? Weird!

I haven't spoken w/her in about 2 wks, just bec. I am trying to move on. We went to a show about 2 wks ago, but I don't really have much to say and I feel like she only calls/comes around when she can't get a hold of other ppl or if she needs/wants smthg.

Its funny.........if I had been the one to send smthg like this, even though its impersonal and totally harmless, she'd have run to the bar or called her friends to tell them in an exasperated way how she just can't believe I won't get over her........no joke.

Anyways, just wanted to ramble some thoughts out. I don't plan to text or call her because I don't see the point (right now). I don't get dumpers and exes! What is this about? They don't want us, so leave us be.....

Exactly man, don't even give her the priviledge of "drawing U in." She's just wanting U 2 text back...probably so she can delete what she sent U, and just show her friends that U called, texted, or whatever.....don't fall into the spider's trap. Good luck with this.

-Solo34

Your ex do weird things all the time the trick is not to let their actions preplex you. My ex told my brother that if I gave her a call sometime maybe she will consider a relationship with me again but I' have to change my attitude, I left her because I couldnt put up with her apathy anymore.

Good evening, everyone, from the East Coast!

I really appreciate y'all taking the time to read my post and reply. It helps to hear others' opinions, even when they all pretty much say the same thing. That's good......safety in numbers

I have not texted (did I spell that right??) or called her back. Had a good day at work, went about my business, went to lunch w/some coworkers, and tomorrow we are having a V-Day luncheon party at work bec. our staff meetings are held on Wednesdays and we'll all be there. It should be fun, I really enjoy the ppl I work with. We're all crazy counselors!

You know what? I didn't even care much today about talking with her. I think I'm in that apathetic phase where I'm trying to go on and not as concerned w/where she's at. That could change, as it's one step forward two back, etc etc but at least on today's holiday I was mentally better than I thought I'd be.

I actually laughed when I got it. It was random and vague, but in line w/her way of doing things. If anyone read my posts back in the fall, I had done NC for 4 months after I got tired of being "second fiddle" and the gameplaying and she wound up breaking my NC on my bday to call me, only to tell me at the end of THAT convo not to read into the call.

SIGH. We should put all humans like this on their own island, I swear!

To answer the ?? about the "mass text message".....I think there are ways u can send text msgs to a bunch of ppl that are in your name directory in your cell phone. You can either send the msg or the forward to everyone, or just select ppl. I asked @ that at work today, Im personally not a big texter bec. I like to flap my gums on the phone w/a live person .......but I think it was mass-sent to diff ppl on her cell directory because not everyone she has programmed into her phone is single. Some are coupled up, some married, it would have been stupid if she sent it to everyone which is why Im assuming she sent it to the ppl she knows who are single, such as her lovely bar friends. Way to cheer us on! Haha, Im getting some kicks out of it.

One more thing I didnt get, but I doubt its really of importance: why not just send a mass text msg to EVERYONE on your list like "Happy V-Day!"......why put in the thing @ "Happy V Day to all the single girls and guys out there". Seems like that would take more trouble to do that, as she prob had to select who she was sending it to.

My sister said the same thing you all have said......laugh and ignore it. My sis said it prob rocked her world a bit bec. I haven't been calling and she is no longer in control......even though Im not trying to "play games".......

These exes, man! Sometimes......you just gotta laugh.

PEACE TO ALL AND THANK YOU!

One more thing.....yes, in the past I have heard from reliable sources that she has made comments to the effect of me not being over her, or reading into things. For example, I posted back around the holidays when I had found out she had told ppl she invited me for Tgiving and Xmas w/her family only bec. I had no where else to go or no one to be with. Which is a big lie.

For the record, I do have parents and family. They just live several states away, she knows I Always go home at some pt around the holidays.

That is just a typical thing she feels the need to say to ppl about me....after I stuck by her as she went thru cancer a couple yrs back.

What an imbicile. I don't know why she continues to say things like that, esp when I dont call her, I dont discuss being in a rel. w/her, dont ask her anything romantic or make moves on her, keep my distance....its like she wants me to want her so she can reject me. Cant wait to meet someone normal!