Shy guys: What on earth is going on in your mind?

ladeedah

it sorta depends on how shy the guy is.. i mean i consider myself a shy guy when it comes to a girl i like.. im mostly an incredibly outgoing kid, but i dont run away or anything.. ill just sometimes get a lil bit red and look down more than usual and get a bit nervous on what to say.. just look for a change in attitude when he talks to you and when he talks to other people. thats usually the biggest clue

This is such an interesting thread, and also a lot of good pointers. I'm still learning stuff I didn't know.

• She is too pretty for me, I gotta get outta here before I ruin her life.

I just made a comment about something similar, except it was girl who thought the guy was too handsome, and she doesn't feel deserving because she's not pretty enough.

But what I wrote, (and what strikes me now) is that what KO wrote(does) could be very painful for the girl. Basically you're rejecting her, and abandoning her. When that's been done to me, it hurt... a lot.

I also have to agree that this is totally right on.

I used to be shy and that's how I was. I don't think that I am like that anymore though (I emphesize, I don't think that).

I had a great conversation with a girl last Friday, and it was just like talking to any one of my friends. I was feeling comfortable, although I wasn't always like that.

I guess the problem is that shyer people overthink things wayyy too much.

that's weird, something that I experienced a few months ago with a girl I had a crush on. Usually I act extremely nervous and don't get a chance to talk to them much because it seems as if they either lose interest in me or never had interest and don't want to put up with me. But this girl I talked to, from the get go it was as if we were totally comfortable with each other, as if we were already friends. It was amazing, but I didn't get her because she had a b/f, but still, it was the first time I felt really comfortable with a girl I had a big crush on. Maybe it's maturity from shyness or maybe it was by chance?

I tend to think it partially depends on the acceptance level of the girl. If the girl is accepting of guys or people, then she will act comfortable and in turn it will make me act comfortable. If the girl acts as if she wants to get out of here, then I feel nervous and quit early.

• 12 years later...

Hi all shy guys , please advise me how i can bring you out of your shell. Say if you think i am so amazing, very attractive and very sexy. You are scared of your feelings for me and you think i am too good for you. Would there be any chance i could bring you out of your shell and have a normal relationship? or I shouldn't waste anymore time and just leave you alone? It has been over 5 months and it's torturing. I can't cope with this anymore. Very painful.

Archived