Thoughts on V-Day for a new love interest

Lion-Guy

There is this girl that I have gone out with three times. Things have moved fast, but in a good way. We live 4 hrs. away from each other and I won't be able to see her on V-day. We have been talking on the phone for the past 3 weeks since we met. There has been no discussion that we are a couple, but we obviously like each other and have made plans to visit each other in the coming weekends.

We both joked on the phone about V-day commercials were bugging us because they bring up old wounds and because we are both single this year.

I was thinking that I should still send her something simple, or at least send her a card. What are your guy's ideas? I certainly don't want to come off as too much but I think she deserves to feel special on that day.

Thanks.

Well, I had a similar question a couple years back, it was suggested to me to make a CD of music she likes. It doesn't say that your together, because it was obvious we wern't, but it made her feel special on her birthday. Not for everyone, but it's a gift that can't really backfire on you.

• 3 weeks later...

Well the V-Day card and a small box of chocolates worked well. She had no idea that I was even going to send her anything and thanked me. She was even proud to tell me that she turned down two other dinner date offers for V-day despite that fact that I wasn't even in town to spend it with her.