Abortion...how to decide?

heavensent

well there are worse things that could happen in ur relationship then having a baby. but this is a decision that u have to make together, not on ur own. if u keep the baby - u wont be the first or last person to balance work, study & parenthood successfully.

i guess u are afraid of the unknown, i was too - i was 24, we had only been together 3 months when i fell preg accidently, etc. but we were in love, he was prepared to do anything to make it work, and i had already felt the preciousness & beauty of the life inside me and i couldnt fathom the concept of aborting it... scarilly enough i even knew he was a boy.

anyway now im 26, i work F/T, i study P/T and i am constantly amazed by the intensity of love i feel for this child and the overwhelming happiness he has brought me. if my place was a house before its a HOME now, if everything i did before was for me... i do it for US now and it means so much more - like everything has a greater purpose then it ever did. without making it sound like my life was meaningless before i had him - i dont feel like i ever really lived till i felt the pleasure of loving & being responsible for someone so unconditionally.

so the relationship with his dad didnt work out, i didnt want to marry him - but our baby is the absolute centre of our universes and brings us so much happiness.

so i guess all im trying to say to u is, it is a choice u will have to make, either way. i think everyone else has talked about the negatives & the responsibility... but i just want u to understand that nothing in this world could prepare u & ur husband to be, for how much love & joy a child will bring u (when it happens). or the fascination & obsession u will have with this person that is of u, or the feeling that nothing else in this world matters AT ALL because the most important thing to u will be that he/she is safe, healthy & happy.

anyways i wouldnt change a thing, my mum cried when i got preg accidently and to this day i believe its such a crock of crap all the scared feelings ppl feel, i think children are angels from heaven and every day that i get to cuddle my boy and smother him with kisses is a tangible piece of heaven in my life.

anyway good luck with ur decision. just remember - once u make it, either way, dont look back and give it 100%. if u abort - forget it & move on. if u keep the child - be the best kind of mother & partner u can possibly be.

xoxReese

link removed">

didnt work the first time... but here's my tag of my little prince.

i guess the other thing i wanted to say is dont let anyone else try tell u what u think u should do. its ur life, and u have to be happy. i guess i was trying to express to u that babies bring u so much happiness too but u have to be ready for it.

on the other hand i have taken my girlfriends to have their abortions, prob 5 times. its sad & hard for them... but they wernt ready - and the relationships were screwed. im fortunate enough to have been in a position (mentally/relationshipwise) to do everything i could to have my bubs & be happy. no regrets here, the only thing i hate is when ppl ask how i could be so careless, and i get upset because no matter the circumstances, my son is no longer a mistake - he is the most beautiful thing in my life. i hate the implication that i "should have been careful" because if i was, i wouldnt have him... and i cant imagine that!!

xoxBest wishes

Reese

image removed

There are ways around any problems or issues that might arise after the birth.

Question I always think about is, what has the baby done to deserve a chance at life being taken away? If the parents made a mistake or the child will be born into difficult circumstances, why should the child be punished for something it had no control over? Even if things will be difficult, isn't it better to give the child life then to end the life and never know what would have happened, what the child would have grown into?

And the bond that forms from carrying a child inside you is a powerful thing. Don't underestimate it. If you decide to abort, it may be a decision you regret for years to come.

• 2 weeks later...

Please do not abort this baby you might think it is a quick fix right now but if you have any sense you will listen to me. When I was 20 years old I had an abortion I am now 31 years old it has haunted me my whole life.. This will not be a solution to your problems it will kill you later on emotionally I have felt suicidal and I have cried so many years I cannot forgive myself there are so many other solutions out there take advantage of please look into somethig else believe me this baby wont be the end of your life they are wonderful exeptional people who will love you unconditionally. If i could help one person not do what i did I would fell better please..please.. double triple think your options and if you believe in a god pray about it he will help you heal.....