So me and the love of my life are apart again.

How much of this is my fault? What now?

Where do we go from here?

Repentance?

I did something horrible and it's all my god dam fault. It's been two weeks now and I'm starting to loose it, I don't sleep, I'm drinking more then normal, and that's saying a lot, and think I have a cold or something, I can't breath. Tonight when she called I think I actually cried. She tells me that she wants to be my friend, someday soon. We've broken up before, she's given me the friends line, we did the on-again off-again thing but it was never anything this bad. It's my fault and I know it, I don't think it gets much worse then that.

Once I get myself together, how do I go about this friends thing?

Im going through the same thing right now and let me tell you it sucks!!! He'll text me one minute or even call and if I do the same he may not return it till the next day. All the while I'm waiting and waiting, thinking the worst! He could be with someone else. I'm getting ready to call off the friends thing. They say it takes half the time you've been with someone to really get over them and until then being friends just prolongs and deepens your hurt. I've been with him for 3 years (off and on) and I think the friends thing is an easy I want my cake and eat it too. You have to cut that tie, give it sufficient time and maybe, maybe you can be friends down the road. Stay busy!!! Hang out with good friends do what you enjoy to keep your mind busy. I wish you the best, hang in there!

Once I get myself together, how do I go about this friends thing?

First, not right now. Really. Don't think about it right now.

You can be friends again at some point down the road, but the prerequisite for that is that you are 100% over the relationship, feel no romantic feelings at all, and honestly don't care if the person is seeing someone else and so forth.