calling someone by their name shows affection?

Naomi

I read in a post a while back that when a guy calls you by your first name, like "How are you, Naomi?" as opposed to "How are you?" it is a way of showing affection or interest Any thoughts on this? When you like someone to you make an extra effort to say their name? I'd like to hear opinions.Thanks

I read in a post a while back that when a guy calls you by your first name, like "How are you, Naomi?" as opposed to "How are you?" it is a way of showing affection or interest Any thoughts on this? When you like someone to you make an extra effort to say their name? I'd like to hear opinions.Thanks

I don't know if it always means that...I try and use people's names, because I think it is more personal...and it helps me to remember their names better (I am terrible with names!). The owner of the gym I goes too knows EVERYBODY'S name and always greets them by name (I don't know he does it...his head must be like a Rolodex of sorts)...some people just are like that.

I do think using one's name is more personal though, and I notice it when people do that to me.

I call my boyfriend his name, but also lots of other pet names, or no names at all too....so it's really something that is a case by case basis I think depending on the persons involved.

Its strange actually I dno I never seem to call my bf by his first name, lol, I don't know why, sometimes I do. But otherwise its 'love' lol! And he calls me babe, he'll sometimes use my name like me lol. I think its weird. :S

you use "lol" too much.

i too was once like you, but i saw the light [as it were it was just a rather bring streetlamp on a drunken walk home]

but oddly i thought of "lol" at that point, decided i was using it too much, and that it made what i typed look silly.

yeh long post short, restrict "lol" to one use per post please, it makes it irritating to read, and very tempting to type.

thanks, yours truly, NoComply, fighting the addiction. lol

[ahahahr, i had to say it atleast once, right?]

it may be an attempt to develop rapport.

using first name repeatedly is weak sales tactic, inasmuch as he is selling himself to you here.

using it sparingly has effect on you, as we can see, he has anchored some form of exciting emotion to your own name using neuro-linguistic programming.

but don't spend too much time thinking about it. x