Attractive Peeps

A friend is throwing this party and I'm invited...but there's a problem. You see, I lack social skills and almost all the time depressed. The only thing I like in life right now is Keira Knightley after I saw her in Pirates of the Caribbean (lots of pleasant daydreams.) I'm afraid of going there alone, I'm not attractive at all, not tall, anorexic, and the party is full of hot girls and attractive military guys. I dont' know why he thinks i'm cool or friendworthy but I dont' want to disapoint him and at the same time don't want to be exposed to his attractive friends whom will judge me. What should I do?

Just go. I mean if you can manage to muster up a positive attitude for at least the first few minutes when you're meeting people then you'll be ahead of the game. Just because you're going to this 'pretty persons' party doesn't mean you're not good enough or even that you have to hook up with any of them. Just go and take it for what it's worth. If it's a drinking party then have a couple and be safe. Sometimes the warm buzz of a brew can help you be relaxed and possibly have a comfortable convo with someone. You're laying too much pressure on this 'party'...Remember it's JUST a party. You're supposed to have fun.

I read somewhere that how you engage the world determines how the world treats you. Example, if you are shy and hide in the corner people are not going to come to you...whereas if you get up and introduce yourself to people and smile I think you'll find the world will treat you differently (i used to be extremely shy so I do have experience with this).

Also, don't go to the party thinking it's a failure if a guy doesn't hit on you, or choose you. Go to have some fun, meet some people and get out. Everything else is just gravy. Besides, until you shed your insecurity about the importance of having attention from guys you will not be as successful as you want to be. Looks are subjective, what's good looking to one is not to another, you can't be held up by those unrealistic restraints.

Well that's my two cents, if there's something I missed in here lemme know.

Bill

Also, everyone judges everyone else, it's just a fact of life. Why else would you accuse them of judging you harshly or assuming they won't dig you? The good news is you can effect how they perceive you by acting cool, confident, and happy (that means to laugh and smile).

• 2 weeks later...