Iam 19 and on summer vacation from college right now. I had a great girl that means so much to me that i met at college around christmas and started dating during school. Summer came along and we were having a great long distance relationship. Seeing each other at least once a week and talking to her on the phone every day. Then recently she got a new job and now she has two. Then she calls me and says she cant handle having a boyfriend and working two jobs because we don't talk as much and we wont get to see each other that much. She says iam the only guy in her life and there is no one else and she still likes me and cares about me. She wants to be friends for now and she doesn't know what will happen back at school. We've made it through more than half the summer, and with a month and a half left of summer until we get to see each other every day at school she decides to break up. I thought we had a great relationship and nothing could come between us especially two JOBS! We never fought once in our relationship and i thought she was the one for me. Anyways i asked her if i should wait and see what happens with us or move on. She said to do what i want to do. We talk almost every day and we left every thing on good terms when we decided to split up. -Thats all, comments much appreciated.

Are we a Hemingway fan? I hate my wonderful ex....he would so have loved that!!!

Anyway, Is she just saying she does not have the time right now? or is she saying she does not want to be with you anymore? And how did you leave things...can you still call her etc....

Time and space is a huge issue on this forum.. It can mean many, many things. It is really hard to guess what they are thinking. For now the best you can do is let it go, give her the time she wants...you will be back at school soon enough.

If she is so wonderful. I say you should wait for her. I think she is pretty psyco to break up. If it were me I would just let my guy know that I love him and that my jobs are going to be taking alot of my time. I boyfriend is what always got me through the day knowing I can always talk to him.

Ahh to bad I dont have one anymore

OK wow clyde.. you sound like u r in the completely same situation i was in last year, its crazy.

Seriously, if you wanna talk to me you can PM me...Im a female but my ex did the same thing to me. We met in college, both 19. We pretty much started this wonderful relationship during x-mas.. HE was madly in love, and was all for it as much as i was. And we split during summer to go home, and he wanted to stay together as much as i did- we never fought either. And a month into summer or so, just a week after he invited me up to see him. He breaks up with me out of no where!! mJust says something clicked and couldnt handle the long distance relationship-and he didnt have any other real reason. Well he told me he wanted to still be friends with me, and all that. BUt at school the next yr we eventually got talking again within a month and saw each other. And there was still alot between us...He felt something for me still but just didnt want to get bak into a relationship bc he couldnt handle it and was stressed.

Well thorughout the whole year i felt like his yo-yo, and 2 weeks b4 this summer he said that he regretted breakign up with me, but didnt want to do anything bc summer was coming up. Well he still plays those games now during the summer, like i miss u a lot and i wish u were here--but hasnt called..

Sorry man, Im not trying to get carried away here. Im just trying to sympathize with you, that it does suck when someone does that out of nowhere esp, when you believe that your relationship was awesome. MY advice is that these jobs, and just being in separate home environments is probably alot for her to handle right now. And i have come to realize that people really have problems keeping their home life and their relationships neck and neck. TO much distance can suck. And shes probably just feeling this pressure. Its one thing to be away from someone for a few wks, and have such anticipation to see them..But i think after a month or so, sometimes people just get used to not seeing that person . I duno- its hard to explain and i dont feel like this. And i know it's wrong either way. But i dont think you should wait around for her. I dont mean forget her, but have a fun summer. I regret what i did last yr- being so depressed and ruining my vacation. So you chill, be with your buddies.. And i bet back at skool she will see you and those feelings will still be between you. They have to still be there. You ended the relationship with nothing wrong, so there def. will still be sparks btwn you too. Just keep the faith, and dont think she will lose her heart for you. Shes probably just stressed and confused.

And please PM me if you wanna talk or anything. I think i can help a lot with this siutation.

GL