Happy Holidays! Now I'm going to stab this pen in my eye.

My girlfriend broke up with me in the beginning of October. I've been doing no contact for almost a month. I had been feeling a lot better. I even did a good job of suffering through the holiday season. Although, when I was home from school over the break, everything reminding me of her. I just got back to school yesterday and found a letter from her. I assumed it was a christmas card. I hadn't got her one do to NC. Well, it wasn't a christmas card. It was a lengthy confession on how she cheated on me before we broke up. The guy she was with is her current boyfriend. The worst part is that all it was, was a confession. She didn't once say she was sorry. It was slyly worded to look like an apology when it wasn't. It was a very selfish way to get the guilt off her chest.

Before we started dating she wasn't really the best person. She got bad grades, always treated people poorly, stuff like that. Through the three years that we dated she became a really good person. She stopped doing all the bad things she used to. After she broke up with me, she went right back to how she acted before we dated. This made me think that she is just going through a phase. But after this letter, I think our relationship was the phase. In the letter she said she doesn't even know who the girl was that I dated. She said she tried so hard to be the girl I deserved, to get me to love her. And I did love her. I guess you really can't change people. I thought I did, but I was wrong.

Of course all I can do now is continue the no contact.

Sounds like you're doing really well given the circumstances.

You're right. You need to wash your hands of this girl... which is easier said than done. Avoid contact with her at any rate. If the guy she's with has half a brain, he'll realise that if she cheated on you with him, she'll cheat on him with someone else... And when she does, she may come running back to you. Dont forget about what she's put you through, even though you may want to forget. Don't let her come back. Very rarely will a cheater ever change.