tell me the story of the love of your life

so i can look in the mirror and know it's not me

tell me all the things a good girl should be

so i'll know i'm not ideal, never could be

tell me you're leaving so i'll have time to cry

time to hate all the things in me

to beg forgiveness when you can't hear

to punish me more, things you'll never find out

time to attempt redemption, commit sacrafice.

true ..weird misery group that's very true the best people to punish ourselfs is us

i'm gunna have to point out that the only reason we're the best at punishing ourselves is because we know ourselves better than anyone else. so we can come up with things that effect us the most. not that i'm gunna encourage people to punish themselves in the way that i do. cause it's actually not healthy. but it's most effective for me.

exactly We know what will hurt us the most so we focus on that and punish ourselfs in the way it will hurt most. Not a very good idea but I guess it makes sense. Naturally if I want to punish myself I duh punish myself and I try to get the people that I love the most to insult me or put me down so I can feel worse as Outcast-Angel said I do not encourage it but I sometimes can't help doing it

I beleave that when you do want other people to punish you, you are actually reallly asking for thier help. MG once asked me to insult her - i didnt, but rather supported her and made her feel alot better by showing that i loved her so much. In the end she was much happier, and we even kissed (this was early days)

I beleave that when you do want other people to punish you, you are actually reallly asking for thier help. MG once asked me to insult her - i didnt, but rather supported her and made her feel alot better by showing that i loved her so much. In the end she was much happier, and we even kissed (this was early days)

of course i don't want other people to punish me. i just validate my emotions, and punish myself for anything i think is "wrong" or for thinking certain things.. my god, if others said or did half the things i do to myself, i probably would have succeeded in suicide by now. i need others to treat me normally, or i tend to break.

You inspire Outcast-Angel. I went thru a terrible break-up & she left me for a much younger woman. Your words ring true.

i'm so sorry to hear that.. a breakup can be traumatic enough on its own.. but when they replace you so quickly, it brings to mind doubt that they cared for you at all.. just remember that in the end, it's her loss! and you are deserving of someone who'll actually appreciate you.

I don't know if you want critiques, and by all means I am not a good poet myself...

But here is my critique:

I loved the ideas in the poem... however the execution isn't as successful. If you take the general idea of it "tell me I am worthless so I don't have to doubt my worthlessness" and kind of make a flow of it, I think it could be A LOT more powerful than it already is.

-ForAnother

I don't know if you want critiques, and by all means I am not a good poet myself...

But here is my critique:

I loved the ideas in the poem... however the execution isn't as successful. If you take the general idea of it "tell me I am worthless so I don't have to doubt my worthlessness" and kind of make a flow of it, I think it could be A LOT more powerful than it already is.

-ForAnother

critique is always welcome and appreciated.. thank you. i agree, i have trouble with the flow sometimes... any other pointer would be muchly appreciated^_^