I want to ask out one of my closest friends

Ok, this girl I've been thinking about is one of my best friends.(Her name is Oumama) We talk every once in a while on the phone but usually there's a reason to call - we don't normally call just to chat. Anyway, we always tease eachother when we are hanging out in and outside of school but every time we hang out it's with other friends. Her friend told me she liked me so that night I called Oumama and expressed my feelings to her. This isn't something I do very often cause I'm the shy type. Well after I told her, I asked her if she felt the same way and there was a really big uncomfortable silence. Then she hesitated but said she cared about me but it seems like she is also really shy. Her friend keeps bugging me by frequently asking me when I'm gonna ask Oumama out and I plan to do it in the next few days. The problem is I don't want to screw things up. I was nervous about the asking her out part but now that I think about it, I have bigger worries if she says yes. I'm not sure how far I should take it on the first date? I'm fine with taking it slow but I dont' know what she wants cause all I care about is pleasing her. Although I want to, I'm scared of kissing her on a first date because what if she draws back when I lean in to kiss her. I'm also scared of not kissing her tho cause then it could be awkward cause she might think I'm a wuss or something...What should I do?

I had the same situation. I asked out my close friend (we're still together after almost 6 months too) and on our first date, i was totally unsure of everything. but i took it very slow, and we kissed on our second date. She was so nervous, she told me, and i was too, but the mood and momet was right. So i suppose you should see if the moment is right, and just go for it. We are both very shy people too.