Who lie and cheat more, men or women?

netman

Chris Rock once said, "Men lie the most, but women tell the biggest lies" and I trully believe that. But I'd like to get peoples' input on the subject of lieing and cheating. Do you think men lie and cheat more or do you think women lie and cheat more? Why?

Technically according to some surveys I've read, in marriage men and women cheat pretty much the same. Men cheat to "spread their seed" women cheat to find affection and better supporters.

In my case I've never cheated but have been cheated on. But on average it's pretty equal, somewhere around 20% I believe. Hmm maybe I should try and catch up? At least I won't be a broken hearted fool ;o)

I don't think it's a male/female issue, I think it's more a personality issue. Different people, either male or female have different morals. Take for instance Bill Clinton..he cheated on his wife, yet when he did it, he justified it as not cheating because there was no intercourse. I had a female friend who thought exactly the same as that, and she would be in a good relationship yet have 'friends' who regularlly performed oral on her and vice versa. She was also able to tell her bf(and in her mind honestly) with anyone else..

And then the same with the lying issue..although not exactly. That would be more of how bad someone feels when they lie. I have had friends, male and female, who could flat out lie straight in your face and not blink an eye, whereas I just can't do it at all. I always fely so bad that the times I have tried, I'd go back and tell the truth right away.

• 1 year later...