i thought i could help her but i caused her more pain

First of all. If your cousin is having marital problems it is NOT YOUR FAULT. Nor your doing.

You were trying to be a supportive friend by encouraging her to lose the weight and build self-esteem. I don't quite think posting your PIX on the net is such a great idea... but thats me. Your intentions were noble. You never thought she'd chat up someone close to home or get "emotionally" involved with someone VIA the net. Pursuing chat on line.. is a "slippery slope".. she's fallen into her own trap.. thats not your fault. AS a friend.. you can point out that "THIS" is superficial.. its not all "REAL".. everyone on the net is beautiful..lol.

Obviously she gets something from "ON-LINE" that she doesn't get from her husband. and that is unfortunate. These feelings should have been talked through with him.. and worked out with him first. Counseling...if he won't hear her..or listen to her.

I hardly see where you can blame yourself for her maritial problems or breakdown of the marriage. you've given her your 2 cents worth. Now let sleeping dogs lie. Its unfortunate.. as there are young children involved. I'd continue to be her friend.. and set boundaries with her. She'll need a good friend when the floor drops out from underneath her.