I'm so lost in life

lonely_chinese_guy

Hey there~

As many people who have stepped foot in this same topic for that same reason, I just feel not that alone here. I don't know if it has something to do with asian parents, since me too, went on that maths' path.

I quitted it after 3rd year at University and to be honest I didn't do much for about 1 year. And just now I realize I want to change, to live on my own (and my coward side would say it's because I can't stand living with my step-father anymore).

Life has not appeared this clear to me for so long... yet I already find new obstacles. I want to become a florist. My mom and big brother, who have supported me when I had enough courage to tell them the truth, would prefer I go back to school. And yes my mom does want me to be as successful as all the other, myself don't compare that much.

She has told me "at least with a degree you won't be starving", or "only rich people buy flowers", while I really want to try out my florist career. I feel like after wandering in the dark I've found a ray of hope, but instead of telling me "go for it", my family shuts the door.

• 3 months later...

hey,

was wonderin did u ever find ur way?! i know ur post was like a million years ago but just wanted to know if u did?!

i have no idea wat am doing on here, never really been on sites like these!! but feelin like life is * * * * e rite now, its about 2am in the morning, typed one line into google and went onto the first site available, it was this one and saw the first post!

Archived