Well the Ex Broke NC

Hey guys as you know i have been doing nc with the ex for about 3 weeks and today he broke the NC and he told me through email that he has come by the house to see me and to say hello .. well I didnt really believe him becouse if he was going to come by the house to see me he would have at least called me, so he ask me if i was doing good and I said yeah and I was short and simple and I didnt ask him any questions at all and he said that he just wanted to wish me Happy Thanksgiving. well I didnt respond becouse i felt like if I gave in I would have winded up having to start all over on the NC and I have gone good with it so far. So I wounder what is his motive to want to say something after 3 weeks of me NC with him and to lie about him coming to see me when I know he didnt I dont know if he did or not becouse I have a second job and its nights but he doesnt no about it though.. it was so many questions I wanted to ask him but I just didnt want to be hurt about it . I will continue to do NO Contact with him though. let me know what your thought s are about this please ..