Help, Transitional GF or Future Wife?

My Ex and hopefully soon to be current BF left me about 6 months ago to get his life under control. He was and is currently going through a long and nasty divorce. He hasn't dated to my knowledge and has done a lot over the 6 months to regain control over his life. After he left me, he moved into his parents home, but in the last month he has moved into his own home. At which time he began to call on a regular basis and after seeing him briefly with his kids last week, he invited me to his new home. We had a great night, played with his kids and then after they went to sleep we spent time watching tv with him laying his head in my lap. Then eventually we ended up having sex, which was great, but now he seems to be pulling back once again. We have always had great chemistry (he called me his soulmate) and he knew a year ago that I wanted ultimately to marry him. He knows that my feelings haven't changed and he has stated that he also still loves me. So, how can I survive his divorce, which is a year away, and not end up being the transitional GF?

oh God...i went through the exact mirror situation.... 3.5 years ago. i was the one that actually broke it off with him just this week.

i mean...there are so many variables...but with my divorced (ex) bf...he wanted me to be the future wife...but slowly and surely...i began to see why he was divorced.

i think it depends on a lot of things. just go with the flow...theres no exact science to tell what will happen. keep ur guard up though...but be there for him. for him to be mixing u with the kids should be a good sign....

but be wary....my ex was sooo back and forth with me in the beginning...just this year he was sure that i was the "one" (the 2nd one anyway...) but there were issues there that i couldnt spot at first... hindsight vision is always 20/20

be cautious in how u deal with the kids also. that gets pretty messy. if ur up for dealing with the ex wife and the kids that arent yours...then do it cautiously. u will be walking on eggshells for awhile