Advice to everyone who's sexually active

I STRONGLY advise anyone who's sexually active, to get your partner and yourself tested before you have sex with them.

I recently found out my gf lied to me about being tested for STD's after her ex bf and a few other partners. My HIV test is in a few days, I will probably know the results in a week or so.

It is better to know that your partner and you are both safe and healthy than being at risk of an STD such as HIV.

I STRONGLY advise anyone who's sexually active, to get your partner and yourself tested before you have sex with them.

I recently found out my gf lied to me about being tested for STD's after her ex bf and a few other partners. My HIV test is in a few days, I will probably know the results in a week or so.

It is better to know that your partner and you are both safe and healthy than being at risk of an STD such as HIV.

Well I do totally agree with getting tested regularly....however in your case she lied about it, so I am not sure how much that would of helped in your situation if she lied about being tested? Unless you marched her to doctor yourself, which many women might not be willing to do for privacy reasons, or for having their own doctor, and so on...

You can ask to see the results though I suppose!

I hope your tests come out clear. They cannot test you for HPV though, so be careful to protect future partners with condoms (HPV strains can cause genital warts, cervical cancer and so forth but when no symptoms show only can be "proven" in females).

And what is next? I mean, did you guys break up? I know I probably would break it off... But I've always wondered what people do in such cases... I mean, in my school, I've heard about a third of the students have some sort of STI. So yeah, you better know who you're going to bed with or just don't do it at all. And well, I don't exactly know what happens, but I'm guessing they do break up... But is it like immediate? I only want to know out of curiosity, because I'd never want to be in that situation...

Great advice. I usually tell people the same thing as well.

If I were in your shoes, I would be PISSED OFF! If I were to be with someone who lied about something like this, I woudln't want to be with that person. It could be that she felt embarrassed, but still. She should've at least said that she hasn't taken it recently. That's disgusting.

Not to put others down (those who do have stds- I feel really bad & hope that the field of medicine will eventually find a cure for each disease), I think that herpes, among aids, is probably one of the worst things that a person can contract. I took physio/microbio and just looking at a few pictures in my textbooks of oozing blisters/worts/herpes, just sends chills along my back.

If I were to be with someone who I considered "a life partner", I would hope that they're open/honest with everything they do. Otherwise, I wouldn't get involved with them- not especially when it comes to sex. Lord, that's why people need to get tested regularly. I think it's worst when someone contracts a disease, especially genital herpes, because their partner cheated on them and contracted it by somebody else. That's why it is so important to find someone who you can truly TRUST.