holding on, but on a thin thread...

May I be too bold in boasting of my success in not cutting for 5 weeks this coming thursday? I'm glad I made it this far, and I hope to keep on going. My only problem is, things have been starting to get really rough and my rope seems to be thinning by the minute. I dont want it to break. I'm gonna try and make sure it doesn't, but if it breaks, I'm afraid the tension of the rough time will catch up to me, and I may go too far.

I just needed to get it out of my system. Advice is welcome. But to get everything straight, I wont ever tell my family, I wont ever go get professional help, and I wont ever tell any school counselors or w/e.

Thanks for listening...

First off, congradulations. That IS a big accomplishment.

I know exactly how you feel. I've been going on about 7 months... around that area. it's been quite awhile. I noticed that there are other ways. And i still think about it. It hasn't left my mind. but i know im a better person witout it.

feel free to pm if you'd like.

I cannot say for sure, but cutting seems to me to be a way for a few things to happen, and for you, your urge to do it is increasing with stress. Stress can be handled and dealt with in many ways, most of them a lot better than hurting yourself. Think about finding a different way, try it.

Stopping like you have is great. Think about just getting through each day. Not doing it today, and then when you get to tomorrow, not doing it tomorrow. Just take each day as it comes.

Good luck and take care.

I have stop cutting about 2 weeks ago but I think about it alot and I just wondered where people cut as a comparison by talking about cutting and telling people not to the more I feel like following my own advice and that;'s good I know cutting is bad because it becomes addictind and at this age to have addictions is just not cool the thing is I can't stop thinking everytime I have a problem I see it as a way out ...a relief and thou I don't do anything I have been close to

• 2 weeks later...

i had a cutting problem myself and i never thought twice about it. i cut and i didnt care who saw or who mentioned anything, because no one ever gave me a good enough reason to stop.

it was finally one day that one of my friends, who had made me so upset noticed that i had sliced my leg and my arm up. he broke down in tears and cried for a long time. it was then i thought that that was a good enough reason to stop cutting myself.

what im saying is, it helps to try to live for something. it doesn have to be a person, it could be a special pet, or even just the saticfaction of knowing you wont have any scars.

and trust me, i know its incredibly hard sometimes to overcome the feeling to cut... but oddly enough, and i really never thought this would work, i started cutting up paper, really intricitly with the tool i had cut myself with. it helped a bit, just enough to make me feel better.

live for the day, not for the past or the future.

and congradulations. you have incredible strength and will power.