hey guys, im new here but it looks like a good place to get some advice

ive been with my boyfriend for a few months now and ive been living with him for almost as long. right now he is talking about buying a house together, and moving out orfsuburbia away from "everything that sux". i dont know if me saying yes is the right thing to do. i love him but i think hes in this abit deeper than me.

i dont want to rush into this buying a house thing. im pretty sure he sees us as being a long term thing in respect of us being together, but i dont know if i can just jump right in and put my life and my heart on the line. we have so much in common though and we get on like a house on fire, which makes me think that maybe it would work out, but at the moment i dont really know what to say when he keeps bringing the topic up...

Go home, sit him down and tell him "we have so much in common though...which makes me think that maybe it would work out."

---BUT

"i dont want to rush into this buying a house thing...i dont know if i can just jump right in and put my life and my heart on the line..."

Hi there and welcome. I think that I agree that you need to be honest with him. Many people write in here saying they are so unhappy that they moved so fast, or in the long run feel bad for saying "yes" before being ready. Save him and yourself the heartache and be honest.

Hello Fairy Floss,

My advice is somewhat similar to segagirl's. I say that honesty and open communication is the key to any relationship. The only obligation YOU have in life, is the obligation for YOU to be happy. You are happy now as things are going. You love your guy so dearly. I would suggest to be honest with him and explain him that you DO love him dearly, but that right now you're not ready to go any further.

There's a lifetime for you to go by. I bet that you're still young and that you have time enough to do the house thing. Moving doesn't change anything about the happy relationship that you are in right now.

I hope that this made sense and I wish you good luck

~ SwingFox ~

Yup, i agree with all the communication stuff. But if u ain't ready or not sure, then he needs 2 kno, u're in a relationship with him, so technically all the things u do must b done 2getha. He definitely has a right 2 kno how u feel, sure he'll get a lil cut about it but, he still loves u from what i can see and he'll respect the decision till u're ready i hope.

'Luck with things

thanx for the amazing advice guys, its greatly appreciated and helped lots you're all wonderful people!

i brought up the topic last night as we went into the city for some time out of home, ive never been so happy than i am now! He knew exactly what i was going to say, and wanted to say, and at this moment in time we are connected so weirdly it makes me smile a whole damn lot.

we talked about the moving thing and he totally agrees that we should wait, he even said that one day he'll marry me, heres hoping

*giddy in love*