opening up more to bf

QTpie87

mk so Like some of you already know I have a problem when it comes to being shy. I seem to now be ok around all of my friends and other people in general, but still have a problem around my boyfriend.

Im shy about things like convos, like I can talk to him obviously or we wouldn't be dating, but I can't seem to bring out my sense of humor. And I don't know why it's so hard to do, it shouldn't be because he has a very open and funny sense of humor like twenty four seven but I freeze up and just don't say things that I would normally find to be totally hillarious weither others thought so or not.

another problem I have is being open about sexuall things, like we do things but not as often as I would like or think we could just because of the fact that I don't like to start things on my own in fear of embarrassing myself.

has anyone ever been like this and do you have any tips to cure my shyness.

thanks.

Qt

I am not a shy person at all so I can't say that I can relate. I can, however, give you tips on how to make it easier for you to open up to your partner. I found that there are somethings that I just can't handle saying, so I write them down. It may sound stupid but most of the time the reason I never say anything is because I'm embarrassed. I'm afraid the look on his face will say it all and I will want to hide far far away for ever saying anything! I'm also afraid of not being able to communicate what I'm thinking or feeling in a way he'll understand and that I won't make sense. Like I said, sometimes writing to eachother is a good thing because then you can organize your thoughts and emotions before expressing them. Of course, talk about what you've written after he's read it. I don't know if this is something you're willing to do but I hope it helps!

I almost feel the same way. I get really shy sometimes, and when I first started going out with my boyfriend I would tell him I don't like to talk about some things straight to his face. I just can't do it. (BTW I also have social anixety, but that probably doesn't make it any worse lol) So whenever I need to talk to him about something important I make him go on AIM and we chat. He even lives with me, and we still do this. When he's not home I usually leave him an e-mail. Sometimes it's just easier when no one is watching the emotions pasted on your face.

Secondly, I have had some trouble embarrassing myself when trying to initiate sex. It's really frusterating actually because I end up hurting him like everytime. I bump my face into his nose trying to kiss him, or I try to walk after him and grab his shirt and I fall, or I try touching...him... and I can't get his pants undone, or even better I got all dressed up one night, and when I mean that just a skirt (which I haven't worn a skirt since I was like 8) and make up (which i also barely ever wear) and I tried to start something by licking on his ears when he came home, but instead he said he was tired because he hadn't been feeling well all day. I knew it was true but it still hurt and I told him because he made me feel bad I probably wouldn't surprise him like that again. Personally you just have to try and except things, if he loves you you shouldn't feel too embarrassed doing anything.

• 3 weeks later...

Honestly, I think it depends on the person that you're with as well. Say for instance, you meet someone who you just instantly connect with- you will automatically become less shy and more bubbly/extraverted around that person. Some people just bring it out in us. It's unexplainable. It's that instant bond, a feeling of deep affinity, that is indescribable. When you meet a person like this, guy or girl, friend or boyfriend, you will just know.

About being more sexually open, it will just happen naturally. Take your time. No rush. Good luck to you!