Worried about his weight

I have been talking to a guy(Ryan) on the net/phone for over a month. I know his cousins and well he's a pretty great guy. I talk to him every day. Our shortest conversation was an hour over the phone. Ryan is just so interesting to talk too. I can never possibly get bored of him. He does not mind if I act silly or dumb. Always compliments me, we even have talked about going out. I have never seen what he looks like, but he has seen many pictures of me. I am a really athletic girl, I workout and like to look good. Sometimes when we talk he will tell me that once I see him I won't like him anymore. Other times he will tell me that he is fat or thinks he is fat. I don't know if he is or not, maybe he is joking but honestly I hope he has a good body. I am sorry I cannot help it, I am attracted to a good strong body. I workout every day at the gym and I need someone athletic. I really don't want to ruin our great friendship but sometimes I am worried that what if he is maybe overweight. Our friendship is really awesome, I look forward to hearing from him every day. But I just cannot see myself with someone a little on the fat side. I am sorry. What should I do?

Give him a chance, you never know. You may like the big teddy bear...

I was once like you, I knew this girl who loved me to death! But her body was, well, let's say alittle unattractive. All that didn't matter. I didn't "finally" settle down with her(I didn't have to pretend to look past her weight.), I just all of a sudden found her very attractive.

Hope all works out.

-j

J-BOE FOR MOD!!

You know what you should do? If in case he is a lil over weight, then bring his ass in the gym whenever you go, and make him loose those extra pounds and make him look like a sexy bitch! lol. Maybe the guy IF he's a lil over weight knows he is and want to change it but have no motivation yet to change, having you around , pushing him a lil can be his motivation. But, maybe he's just playing with you a lil too, maybe he's actualy buff or something and just putting you on another track so when you'd meet, you've be like "oh my, yum! " . hehe. But, when you think about it, if, he's not boyfriend material in your book, then he can still be a really great friend, right?. So you shouldn't loose totally.

Anyways, let us know how it goes.

Good luck.

Hello so natural,

Welcome to eNotalone.com and thank you for coming to us for seeking advice. I am very pleased to hear that you are getting along so well with this guy. I understand that you are a little worried over him being overweighted.

I agree with both SwimChick and WickedOne. I believe that looks are overrated at times and that it is really the inside that matters. WickedOne made a good suggestion to bring him to the gym with you if you feel he should loose weight, however, my suggestion is not to force him into it. He might like it, though, because he is worried about his weight himself.

Anyways, I hope that you get closer along the way and that things work out the way you have them planned. I wish you good luck

~ SwingFox ~

Thanks for all the advice, it is great. I told him I will make him go to the gym and he's like yeah right I am not going. It's hard not to want someone with not just a great personality but a good appearance too especially since I workout. I guess I need to see him first and then judge.