I heard a song last night that made me think of my ex boyfriend. Stupidly, I called him to see how he was doing. This is after nearly three weeks of no contact and vowing to myself that I will never call him again. I'm really disappointed in myself.

Anyways, he was just blowing me off and I asked him if he would rather to never talk to me again. He said he doesn't care. I asked why he doesn't care about me, and I said he doesn't know. He just doesn't.

And I guess, while I don't want him back, just knowing that this whole summer was a joke really upsets me. Just knowing that I wasted my life and I actually believed anything he said to me.

He treated my terribly and I don't regret breaking up with him one bit. I'm just kind of upset because even though I don't like him in the way I used to, a part of me will always care about him.

Maybe I'm not completely over that whole episode, but I'm really happy with where I'm at now. It's just when I either have a dream with him in it or I hear a song that reminds me of him when I get upset. Then, all hell breaks lose.

How can I just get over it already? I want to be over him completely and 100%. I don't even want to be with him, why can't I just turn away completely?

I'm so frustrated with myself.

Hey,

If only we could wish away the memories huh? :sigh: All healing takes time and more when we cared for someone deeply. Don't knock yourself for still caring, it shows how committed your emotions were to him--even if he didn't treat you how you wanted.

Accept it as a learning experience and just let TIME do it's thing

Sum it up to life experience. We learn from every relationship that we're in. Sometimes it's a whole bunch of "what-not-to-do's" But either way, we get better at relationships through more experince. The next one will be better. And the one after that even better.