Not necessarily pg, but there is something else going on

TheSmilingTurnip

I didn't know where else to put this, so here goes.

My last period was super-light. There were no cramps in the beginning, but then I got some cramping in the middle. Usually when the cramps intensify, so does the flow. Not in this case. The flow pretty much went away.

Now I was having cramps again yesterday and the day before, and my back really really hurt, but no bleeding whatsoever.

It's possible I could be pg, and that's cool if I am. But now I'm wondering, if not pg, what else could it be. I suppose I should just go to the dang doctor, but I'm not too excited at that, and I haven't missed a period, so no sense taking a pg test either. Just looking for some food for thought, I guess. Thanks all : )

Well, there is sense in taking a pg test if you MIGHT be pregnant, and there is sense in going to a doctor if your period is unusual - because if you are pg you'll have to go anyway, and regularly, right..so better get over that lack of excitement

The light spotting could of been implantation bleeding which some women will have "instead" of a period when they get pregnant, or it could of stopped due to stress or any other matter of issues.

Good luck, keep us updated.

Well, there is sense in taking a pg test if you MIGHT be pregnant, and there is sense in going to a doctor if your period is unusual - because if you are pg you'll have to go anyway, and regularly, right..so better get over that lack of excitement

The light spotting could of been implantation bleeding which some women will have "instead" of a period when they get pregnant, or it could of stopped due to stress or any other matter of issues.

Good luck, keep us updated.

I know about the implantation bit, but I don't dare think that's what it is because the minute I think that, it will turn out to have been nothing. Know what I mean?

I know I have to go regularly and I do all that stuff, but you have to admit that is not an appt that one looks forward to.

You should really call your doctor. It doesn't really sound like you are pregnant (but have you had unprotected sex?). It could be something else though, so talking to a professional would be your best choice. They might tell you not to worry about it, or you could find out something is going on. It's always good to know for sure though.

And I agree, doctor appointments aren't fun. However, it's for your own health. And if you are by chance pregnant, it's better to find out sooner, otherwise it could damage the baby if you don't get proper care right away.

You should really call your doctor. It doesn't really sound like you are pregnant (but have you had unprotected sex?). It could be something else though, so talking to a professional would be your best choice. They might tell you not to worry about it, or you could find out something is going on. It's always good to know for sure though.

And I agree, doctor appointments aren't fun. However, it's for your own health. And if you are by chance pregnant, it's better to find out sooner, otherwise it could damage the baby if you don't get proper care right away.

Yes it is certainly possible that I could be pg. If I am, it's definitely ok, so I'm not 'worried' that I might be pg. We'd be pretty happy about it...but I very much doubt there is a bun in the oven.

I think that what I will do is wait for my period to show up and if it doesn't, then do the pg test, and if not pg, then get myself checked out.

Thank you all for helping to clear my head.