Is it Better to Know than Always Wonder....

Aoiumi

Don't recklessly take the risk, but you need to work towards it. My best friend in high school left for Afghanistan without knowing I was in love with him. That's hard to take. Now, since he's been gone for almost two years and I've found the love of my life, he decided to hint around that he likes me. Yeah, I STILL always wonder. I wish I had just asked five years ago. I love my boyfriend, but I still wonder what would have happened with my first crush if I had just had the guts to tell him before he shipped out. It's hard to figure out. But to answer your question, never hide it, just take the risk. One-time rejection is a lot easier to handle than constant wondering.

• 2 weeks later...

Yea, im pretty good at taking risks now i think. After having a good conversation with a girl i just ask if she wants to hang out sometime. I just let it out. But so far, all i get is "static", like excuses, or strange looks. But, I realized after I let them off the hook with, "well maybe another time" that I live afterwards and that its on them that they didnt accept the offer. I just move on. I dont care if it is akward afterwards. Most of the time after the incident they dont make eye contact anyway.

I think that once you have that part down, you feel good because its not your fault nothing happned.