How did things get so complicated?

hurtwou

ok so I met Luke. He is great. He is funny and he makes me laugh. We decided to stay friends. Im ok with that, or at least I keep telling myself that. I mean we hung out alot and we got to know each other. He is amazing. He introduced me to his best friend Chuck. He is an okay guy. Luke wants to hook us up. But he told me he would feel weird about it knowing I was the girl he was suppose to go out with. But he still wants to do it. I like Chuck hes a good guy. But hes definantly no Luke. Luke is all excited cuz im his best girl friend and Chuck is his best guy friend. I was like okay talk to him for me. But deep down im dying. How do I let Luke down and tell him I dont want to be with his friend....more like how do i tell him I dont want to be with his friend I want to be with him. I mean Luke and I decided nothing will ever go on between us. Just friends. Its better off that way but still....I like him alot. It would feel real weird to go out with his friend when all Id do would be thinkin about Luke when im with Chuck its not fair to Chuck. Man im so confused. I like Chuck, I would go out with him.....but I still have feelings for Luke. I probably always will. Should I try with Chcuk see how things go....if all I do is think about Luke then tell Chuck i just want to be friends?

Awww. I like Luke! He sounds like a real sweetie. I don't know many guys who would willingly set a girl they're interested in up with a best friend. That being said, don't date Chuck. To do so would just be to lead him on and it could become a potentially messy situation if you started having serious feelings for both guys.

My advice would be to tell Luke that you wouldn't feel right going out with Chuck. If he asks why, just look him in the eye and tell him the truth. Your heart already belongs to someone else.

I wouldnt get involved with chuck. If you really feel that way about Luke then it doesnt seem like you decided anything instead he decided that he just wanted to be friends. If you are unwilling to say anything to Luke then you cant really complain about the situation. It would be best to puy yourself in a situation where you limited the amount of drama.

Why can't you and Luke get together, you like him, he likes you so whats the problem here?

Why have you decided nothing will go on between you when you clearly both like each other? He has even said he would feel weird seeing his friend with the girl 'he was supposed to be with' so why can't he be with you? I don't get it!

Are you single, smallword . lol

Great advice and it had me wishing I was Luke lol.

Friendship should be the basis of all good relationships; need I say more

Hey Darkblue! No I'm not single, but thanks for asking and for the kind words. The good news is I always have room on my dance card for new friends especially if they're the sort who tend to run with scissors.

Are you single, smallword . lol

Great advice and it had me wishing I was Luke lol.

Friendship should be the basis of all good relationships; need I say more

Hey Darkblue! No I'm not single, but thanks for asking and for the kind words. The good news is I always have room on my dance card for new friends especially if they're the sort who tend to run with scissors.

It is a little suspicous that Luke is trying to set you up with his friend. On the one hand he may like you a lot as a friend and he would not really be jealous if you went out with Chuck. Maybe he cares for you but not in that kinda way. Maybe he wants to date other girls and if he sets you up then you will be his friend still but give him some more space.

On the other hand, people do funny things when they like each other. Maybe this is his crazy way of testing to see if it is him you want. He could really just be acting like a big fool.

The only thing that makes sense to do is to tell him what you are feeling. He wants to keep you around so if he avoids the topic at all you might assume he does not want a relationship and just does not want to hurt you. If he agrees with you then maybe he will be yours. Good luck!