Pondering...the fly by flirt...guys answer

Ok this is a weird question but me and my friend were wondering about this because we really can't see the motivation from it and I think it would be interesting to see how guys answer this. Why do guys honk cars, shout things like "your hot" as they drive by, or when your walking down the street overly obviously look you up and down and say something like "nice". I mean whats the point or motivation behind this? This is not really a serious question I just hitnk it's kind of funny. If your a guy that does htis though please answer.

Yeah, some guys do it more than others. In latino culture theose things (honking horns and stuff) are called piropos. Its just a way for guys (I stress SOME guys) to be guys or inflate they're ego. But I don't do it, I mean, I'll think to myself that a girl is really atractive, or I might talk with the guys I work with after she leaves the store and they'd be like, Yeah. She was a DIME.

hi -i'm a girl not a guy, but that was interesting question i've wondered about that too. sometimes i might have been actually be interested. i don't get it, if they like us why not just say hi how are you or something and not take off?

you cant really deposit cat calls in the bank, can you. they're sort of more like funny money. not real.

I suppose some might do it for the moment of interaction. You say it is fly-by, but a moment like that can last a long time. And it can be nice to say something to an attractive woman and have her smile back, and that was nice moment and maybe you remember it later that day or later that week, and it becomes more than just those few seconds. Also, it's nice to let someone know that they are attractive. Not that I do this, I'm just hypothesising.