how long to wait?

sg1

hey everyone.

well this girl that I like just recently went back to college. her and I aren't going out at this time,so not that huge priority like having to talk to each other everynight or whatever. well I told her that i've decided to back off here (in a good way of course just being considerate) that she's gonna be starting the stressful times again with college and have alot going on. well last time i've talked to her was Aug 19th...oh yeah only been less than 2 weeks now but has felt like a month or 2 already haha

what's the best time to wait until saying something again w/o going back on my word here?

I am just wondering why you had to back off, a couple should be supportive of one another, just because she is "busy" at school doesn't mean she doesn't have a few minutes to unwind and share her daily experiences with someone.

Why not be that person she can rely on? the one that will be there to help her unwind at the end of a long and stressful day?

Doesn't sound like you were dating her?

You shouldn't have told her you were backing off -- you should have just done it.

If you have access to her (ie, can go on dates with her), then ask her out, have the dates and have a very good, fun, lively time (no emotion talk, no navel gazing) -- make her laugh and make her attracted to you. Then don't be around when you're not on a date with her -- no calls (she's not your g/f), no texts, etc., unless she seems to want them.

If she doesn't, you have your answer.